Wildfire Activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildfire Activation

L3 Networker

I successfully actived Wildfire in my environment..however, no data is being pushed to my external syslog server (Splunk) or the online Wildfire portal.  Is there a sample file I can download to test if its working? 

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

We will assume that you have licensed and configured wildfire to work properly.. check the following doc if you need to verify:

How to Configure Wildfire

Please remember to set the file types to "PE" (Portable Executable)

Filetype should be set to PE.png

If you need to check on the Wildfire functionality, you can run through a couple of commands to do so:

Once the basic configuration is complete, the following command provides the details of the best server selected:

> test wildfire registration

To verify, if any files have been forwarded to the server, enter the following command:

> show wildfire status

To view the count of how many PE files have been checked, found to be clean or uploaded, issue the command:

>show wildfire statistics

This information was in this doc:

How to Check the Connectivity to Wildfire and Upload Status of Files

Once you have this configured properly, you can test with any .exe file.  

There are test eicar virus files that you can download and test (as far as the Anti-virus doesn't catch the file first).

Here is link to the Eicar.com website to download test files in many different ways.

http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html

Please let us know if this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L4 Transporter

Hi rrau,

on this site http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html (you can also google for the eicar-testfile). This file should trigger a log-entry.

Cheers Klaus

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!