Wildfire in Dynamic Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildfire in Dynamic Update

L3 Networker

Hello~

Since PAN OS 5.0.x more We can download wildfire signatures in dynamic update

but I don't know understand about Minutes Pass Hour

wildfire minutes.png

Is it same the other AV, Content threshold (hours)?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello,

As per my understanding, this is not the threshold value. This is just the update schedule:

1. If you set to "Every 15 minutes", it will give you the option "minute pass hour"=0-14 ---- Example: If you put 10, it means the update will trigger at 12:10, 12:25, 12:40...............

2. If you set to "Every 30 minutes", it will give you the option "minute pass hour"=0-29 ----Example:  If you put 15, it means the update will trigger at 12:15, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45...

3.  If you set to "Every Hour", it will give you  the option "minute pass hour"=0-59----Example:  If you put 40, it means the update will trigger at 12:40, 1:40, 2:40...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello,

As per my understanding, this is not the threshold value. This is just the update schedule:

1. If you set to "Every 15 minutes", it will give you the option "minute pass hour"=0-14 ---- Example: If you put 10, it means the update will trigger at 12:10, 12:25, 12:40...............

2. If you set to "Every 30 minutes", it will give you the option "minute pass hour"=0-29 ----Example:  If you put 15, it means the update will trigger at 12:15, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45...

3.  If you set to "Every Hour", it will give you  the option "minute pass hour"=0-59----Example:  If you put 40, it means the update will trigger at 12:40, 1:40, 2:40...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

In addition to what Hulk notes on determining the download times for wildfire, remember that you need to coordinate ALL the download times so there is no conflicts.  Those once a day or once a week updates need to happen at a time when the box is not busy with the wildfire update.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Hello Steven Puluka

Thank you for your response~

however

WildFire's Schedule is a hour at highest along we want to set

and wildfire provides updating signatures, if exist license

Shouldn't set schedule to least time to update?

because, To upgrade fast by schedule is action unknown virus

Is there setting good way?

Thank you HULK

Did you test about that?

amazing,,,

eventually, That is depend on minutes pass hour

I have more question

If I did enter in minutes pass hour, while set every 15 minutes How can pa process?

If current time is 13:00

13:00, 13:15, 13:30, 13:45, 14:00??

Sorry for the confusion on my scheduling comments.

The default and recommendation for wildfire is to update every 15 minutes.  So using the method outlined by Hulk, you pick which four times per hour you get that update.

But you also schedule daily or weekly updates for other categories like url filtering, antivirus and threats.

When you pick the specific time of day for these other updates, you need to make sure that this is NOT the same minute that your wildfire update is happening four times an hour.  One of the updates will fail if they are both scheduled for the same time.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

I understand what you mean after I red

Thank you

somehow also It bothers me when I configured kind of things and commit

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!