Windows 8.1 Modern UI Apps not working when connected to GP VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows 8.1 Modern UI Apps not working when connected to GP VPN

L7 Applicator

Hi everyone

Does someone also has experienced the issue that Modern UI Apps on Windows 8.1 are not working when connected over VPN? I have already read a lot of information about this issue and that there are a lot of people who have seen this, but unfortunately nothing helped until now to fix this.

When I do a packet capture on the physical interface I am able to spot some dns requests (probably from these Modern UI Apps) even the default route is pointing into the tunnel.

So if someone in this community has a solution for that I would be really happy to hear about it.

Regards,

Remo

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Please refer the below article for the solution.

Also, please backup the windows settings as I cannot confirm that GP will work after this as I haven't tested this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2797356

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this solution does not work. In the mentionned network settings I was not able to find a checkbox named "Use default gateway on remote network" (seems to have disappeard with W8.1) and the hotfix applies to W8 and not W8.1.

But in the meantime I was able to troubleshoot some more and this article described the problem pretty good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2855849
In this case Checkpoint has fixed the problem with a new version of their VPN Client and as described there if I disable the windows Firewall completely the Apps work also with GP VPN. Because of this at the moment I also opened a TAC Case to let PA check if they also could fix this with the GP VPN Interface adapter.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!