Wrong user from access log

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wrong user from access log

L2 Linker

Hello!

The local user Administrator is logged in on the desktop and he is not allowed to access the internet. But he can access.

When checking in Monitor on PA220, I noticed that another user appears in the Source User column and not the Administrator user.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Software version 8.0.10 

Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20

@Mick_Ball,

Hacky work around, but it would sure work! 

@BPry,

So, I have to think how to get rid of local account like administrator account.

Thank you.

not get rid of it....     just dont give the password out!

who is using the local admin account and why do they need to use the local admin account?

@Mick_Ball,

The support team you use the local administrator account to do local maintenance.

Thank you.

@BethSouza,

Ya that's not really required at all if your environment is setup to current enterprise standards. For example each of our machines have a local admin account, but the password is controlled by LAPS and nobody logs into the account for anything. Administration of the machine is done through an AD account granted admin rights to all domain-joined computers. There really isn't any need to do this with a local account, and it deffinetly doesn't follow best-practice for Windows administration. 

@BPry,

I agree 100%. 

We are reviewing the management practices and this will be one that we will adopt.

Thank you.

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!