Yahoo Mail Client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Yahoo Mail Client

L0 Member

We recently started experiencing a problem with Yahoo app on Android devices or the Yahoo client from receiving email through our PA's.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Raimson,

I'd take a look at the logs and make sure that you aren't inadvertently blocking anything. 

On 9/19 there was an update to the applications and threats (version 8067) that included a number of changes for Yahoo mail. I'd say check your logs and see if you need to tweak a rule? What previously was ID'd as Yahoo-mail-base now will ID as yahoo-mail-downloading, yahoo-mail-posting and yahoo-mail-uploading:

Palo SQL update.png

I looked at the logs and there is nothing being blocked.  These PA's are used for a semi-open public network where I work.  The only thing we are really blocking is BitTorrent traffic and peer-to-peer traffic.

A few other people, who use this network for gaming, were unable to reach battle.net without using a VPN.  I am starting to think this might be something downstream from the PA's.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!