Zone Protection stats

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Zone Protection stats

L2 Linker
I have recently setup/enabled some zone protection on one of my interfaces. I have set the values high since I have no way of knowing how much data is actually passing the interface and what threshold would trigger the dropping. Now that its running I know I can run the following command "show zone-protection zone untrust" to see the current count of packets passing and or dropped. What I'm wondering is if anyone has a good way of pulling all that data in over a course of a week or month, so that I can see the trending numbers to adjust my zone protection. I'm currently running splunk on our network for logging. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

You need some network monitor tool to pull data from your PA over SNMP and collect it there. There are some free tools like Nagios or just Cacti.

Thanks I will look into those.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!