brightcloud vs Paloalto URL DB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

brightcloud vs Paloalto URL DB

L3 Networker

Hello,

I'm thinking to migrate from brightcloud to Paloalto URL DB since I had to request a lot of recatogorization.

Where can I find Categories list migration ? Does all categories match ?

To migrate is enought to follow this doc https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4388 ?

Can be reverted back ?

Does anyone has feedback about migrating from brightcloud to Paloalto URL DB ?

Paloalto URL DB how is located, only USA ? is redundant ? availability ?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

The Palo Alto database migrates in both directions (from Brightcloud and back to Brightcloud). The mappings are not exactly the same, and the categories can change so a static list would not be very valuable.

The Palo Alto URL database is available in many languages, has geographic redundancy, and has built-in mechanisms for finding the fastest responder. If a node is ever down, the firewall would find the next available node without any administrator interaction. 

Hope this helps,

Greg

the PAN-DB-URL categorie is enlarge, and less categorie than brightcloud, all categorie could match.

I think this doc is more appropriate for you: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-4576

pan db is realtime not base on a local database burt on a cache entry and need to connected to the web

regards

Greg

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Just keep in mind that both of them is submit to license.

They you have to buy either Brightcloud or Pan-DB licence. Then moving from one to the other is only possible on the renew date.

Switching more often can be possible only:

If you have demo Palo (all license inside by default)

If you have baugh both license 🙂

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!