connectivity problem with GP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

connectivity problem with GP

L4 Transporter

Users complain Global Protect vpn client performance problem. There is shown ping time more than 1000ms after I disconnect then reconnect there is shown less than 150ms.  Below photo after and before connection via GP

image002.jpgimage003.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Radmin_85,

Do you know how long the user had actually been connected to GP, and whether or not it was utilizing SSL or IPSec at the time? 

IT haapens not in all users (all users are about 350).It happens in 5-10 users.I want to mention that the whole system is in Azure.and all users connect through GP.

And another point is when you reconnect GP it works normal.Is it any issy with ipsec or ssl?i dont have exact info about it

@Radmin_85,

I would start by taking note of how long GP has been up when you have to reconnect the user; I've seen issues in the past with users leaving GP connected where it would slow down until a reconnect if you allowed a long idle or inactivity timeout configuration. 

My guess would be that you find these users have an abnormally long connection time; which is why the reconnect addresses the issue and why you have very few users experiancing the issue. 

you mean long idle time? where one can configure it in the system?

@Radmin_85,

Under Network > GlobalProtect > Gateways > $Gateway > Agent > Timeout Settings

This will have Login Lifetime, Inactivity Logout, and Disconnect on Idle settings. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!