does session drop when changing VR?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

does session drop when changing VR?

L0 Member

I have an HA PAN scenario with single VR, after commiting a change to the default VR name then adding another VR to the system, I have noticed that some sessions droped.

Most of our sessions are opened one time and continue until service restart, if a session is to be dropped, the service must be restarted in order to initiate a new session.

So does session drop when changing or adding a new VR?

How do I know if a session was dropped by PAN ? or know what time of a session was ended ?

as I can compare the end time with the commit time.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

We treat a name change as if deleting the old VR and adding a new VR, as a result there is a ~1 minute hold on the routing table. It is likely that you experienced session loss during the hold period.

For details on a specific session you may view the traffic log details by navigating Monitor -> Traffic. Once there you may click the magnifying glass on the left hand side of the log entry for details on session start time and end time.

Regards,

Stefan

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!