expired or resetted password issue with GlobalProtect Agent 4.1.6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

expired or resetted password issue with GlobalProtect Agent 4.1.6

L2 Linker

An expired password change or a resetted password cannot be changed when using the Global Protect credential provider and PAN agent 4.1.6

I re-installed PAN agent 4.1.2 and tested this to verify if it was PAN agent related because this issue was a new feature introduced in PAN agent 4.1.
PAN agent 4.1.2 doens't have this issue

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/41/globalprotect/globalprotect-app-new-features/new-f...

anyone also expiriencing this issue ?GP login expired 2.jpgGP login expired 1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DaxVC,

I'd reach out to TAC and report the issue so that this bug actually makes it way to the proper team to get fixed. 

Hi,TAC case has been openend and logs are being analyzed 🙂

Hi, 

Try upgrading to 4.1.7 as you might be experiancing:

GPC-7537
Fixed an issue on Windows 10 endpoints where, if you configured the GlobalProtect app to wrap third-party credentials, users were unable to change expired passwords using the GlobalProtect Credential Provider.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/41/globalprotect/globalprotect-app-release-notes/gp-a...

Thanks

I'm also facing this issue, did you get any usable feedback on the TAC case?

kr,

Tommy

ACE8, PCNSE,PCNSC
PSE Platform Professional
PSE Endpoint Professional

Hi,

It had been reported that the issue is effective in GP 4.1.4 as well.

GP 4.1.2 didn't had the issue (I am not totally sure about GP 4.1.3) and that it was solved in GP 4.1.7

You may search for "GPC-7537" in the release notes of GP 4.1.7 after its announcement, to get the public notes regarding the issue. The issue had occurred because of a change in code which is related to a some kind of a "change password" flag.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!