firewall Policies list

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

firewall Policies list

L4 Transporter

I am on OS 7.0.10 and would like to get a nice easy to read list of the rules on my firewall, other than the html exported list does anyone know of a good method?

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

https://indeni.com/how-to-export-palo-alto-networks-firewalls/

That's probably the easiest way to read things if you don't want to read through the XML, it also gives you some decent sorting options. 

Great suggestion I think I have done that one before but if I remember correctly it isn't very quick or easy and I want specific rules and don't want to hunt through all of them (I know sooo picky)  😉

Unless you really want to work with the XML I believe that is the only way to achieve a rule export. Once you have everything in excel you could simply select the rules that you want so that only those rules are displayed. 

I think you are correct Bpry I just wanted to see if anyone had found a new, easier way to do this maybe it will be possible in a future OS

@cpainchaud I know that it's probably something that I just need to get more indepth with but I've never been able to utilize PAN-C easily. The setup takes a bit and actually getting it to do what I want is more hunting for a way to do it than anything else.

It's on my list of things to get more involved with but right now it's just one of those 'it's there' things for me. 

So this is a script run from the command line to export specific rules from the PA into a excel spreadsheet?

yes

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!