firewall using wrong LDAP attribute to find user in active directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

firewall using wrong LDAP attribute to find user in active directory

L3 Networker

Hello Community,

I´d like to check with you the following issue:

created a LDAP authentication profile which is not working, when using the "test.... " command I get an authentication failed with "Received empty DN for user User12345"

I made a traffic capture and saw that the firewall is using the wrong attribute to find the user on the active directory. The firewall is using the "uid" attribute to authenticate the user but PAN firewalls can use only the following login attributes for LDAP authentication:
https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClogCAC

If I have the "sAMAccountName" login attribute in my authentication profile, why is the firewall even trying to search the active directory with "uid" attribute? Any idea?

Thank you,

Carracido. 

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @Carracido 

Is your LDAP server profile configured correctly? Do you use the LDAP profile also for User-ID group mapping settings and if yes, does it work there correctly? Did you set the type to active-directory?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!