general problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

general problems

Not applicable

hi,

we cant use automated updates since Nov 24th .when i try to update from dynamic updates it gives this error.Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please try again later.

when i try to update from file it looks like this.

221-813, 221-813             Unknown           Unknown           0 KB       Unknown

same thing for the antivirus updates and software too.

and its extremely slow when you commit changes or when you browse device from dashboard or other tabs. when you restart the device( we have to do this every morning) it starts serving users after 15 minutes and all our operation stops during this time. url filtering works unstable. It works great for 5 hours then it stops blocking web pages. and we made custom url categories. in all rules custom categories is set to allow. but it is not working.

we need urgent support . if this is going like this we will have to let go of paloalto firewall 2020. and find another alternative.

thx...

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Please open a case with support to receive help on resolving these issues.

i  tried to open a case but i cant see my open cases. i tried from chrome and iexplorer same thing.

Hello,

Please provide us your Device Serial and your contact information, we will have one of our support engineers contact you.

Regards

Sunil

We have created case # 26292 and a support engineer will follow-up with you.

Thanks

Sunil

hi,

we cant see case #26292 in the case management page.

00023835 User based auth not working 10/28/2010 1:27 AM

Are you sure you want your device serial and name out in th open like this?

Anyway I have "general communication error" when trying to get any updates.  My license expired, and I just renewed.  Going to do a reboot and check.

I had this issue on our two PA500's.  What I had to do was open the properties for my internal network interface (on both firewalls if HA) via (Network Tab> Interfaces) and add the MAC and IP address of both firewall's internal nic to the"Arp Entries" area.   If a single firewall, try adding its own IP and MAC to its internal interface "Arp Entries" area.

Hope this helps.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!