group mapping issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

group mapping issue

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

when try to Retrieve group include list getting below error :- Internal error. Please suggest.

Regards

Satish

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Please check to ensure that the firewall's management IP is allowed to communicate with the LDAP server, unless you have configured a service route on the firewall to communicate with the LDAP server through an interface that is not the Management's IP.

If that is the case, you need to configure a security rule to allow the firewall to communicate.

Also, do you SSL encrypt your LDAP connection? I see port 389 is being used.

Hope this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L5 Sessionator

Hello Satish,

Can you share a screenshot of that error please?

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

hello Hari,

Please find the below screenshot

mma.jpg

mm1.png

Regards

Satish

Hello Satish,

My best bet would be is there a space left in the filter(something) just below the Available groups?

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

Please check to ensure that the firewall's management IP is allowed to communicate with the LDAP server, unless you have configured a service route on the firewall to communicate with the LDAP server through an interface that is not the Management's IP.

If that is the case, you need to configure a security rule to allow the firewall to communicate.

Also, do you SSL encrypt your LDAP connection? I see port 389 is being used.

Hope this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please try the steps outlined here to troubleshoot the LDAP connector.

How to Troubleshoot LDAP Authentication

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thanks Jdelio

Thanks Steven Dude... Smiley Happy

Happy to see you have this working.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L2 Linker

What was your solution?

VP of R&D at indeni

problem with service route and password.

Hi 

I have a problem about group mapping 

When I show ip-user-mapping , I can saw a user named skys.wang , but I show ip group name <name> , I saw that user name skyslw.wang . Boths of name is the same user , Is it the group mapping have any problem ? I have been rename the user in ldap.

Best Regards

Kenneth

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!