how to distribute one internet line to multiple services

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to distribute one internet line to multiple services

L2 Linker

in my current scenario, I have 4 interfaces configured with different Public IP address and each interface linked to the different router and each interface have different services (Internet Email1, Email2, VPN)

Our Plan to get a new line from a new ISP, in these case, we got only one router and the old Routers we canceled and we will get 6 Public IP address My Question :

1- How I configure the 4 interfaces to one router
2- required configure subinterface
3- what is the requirement for complete this project

11 REPLIES 11

L2 Linker

Capture.PNG

Why are you using separate ports for each service?  This seems to be an extreme waste of ports.  Why not just use a single port on the PAN and create subinterfaces for each service if you are going to separate them that way?

ISP <---> Router <---> PAN (subinterface 1,2,3,4)

L7 Applicator

I have 6 ISP's with up to 62 ip's each.

I have used subinterfaces.

you add first IP to layer 3 port and in advanced, tick "untagged subinterface"

select the interface and at the bottom of the page you can add subinterface.

give it a unique number (I use the last octet of the address as a reference) and add it to it's own zone.

not everyones cup of tea but works for me...

How i  create subinterfaces and how i can linked to zones 

add one ip address to interface 1/1 and go to advanced and tick the box for "untagged subinterface"

then select the interface again and the option to add a subinterface is at the bottom of the page

I think you should read through the PAN Administrators Guide.  This is all covered in the standard documentation.

subinterfacesPAN.PNG

slightly different but same result as no tagging involved

i had to reduce in size as i could not draw the red pointy multi pronged thing...

subint.png

That works too if you don't care about your subinterface broadcast traffic overlapping.

after I create the subinterface, must be linked to  virtual Router IP

Is that a question?

this case still is not clear for me i will explain current setup

1- 4 router is connected phiscaly to PA and each router provide defrent services (Email , Internet , VPN)

2- PBF are configer for pass the traffice and NAT

3-One defult routur are configer for untrust zone for all services 

Our reqiuerment :

1- Shift to 4 router to 1 Fiber line

@Mick_Ball @jeremy.larsen 

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!