how to limit file size downloading and uploading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to limit file size downloading and uploading

L0 Member

dears,

good day , i tried to limit downloading and uploading based on file size by using reqex but i failed , i don`t know what is the right regex to use ( body.size or stringto numbers)..

i wanna to make a limitation rule to limit downloading or uploading files greater than 10 MB...

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

As per my understanding towards file blocking profile, its can be used to block selected file types from being uploaded and/or downloaded, or generate an alert when the specified file types are detected. I hope we can only control uploads/downloads of supported file types and cannot limit the size of uploads/downloads.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

As mentioned by hulk File blocking profiles can be used to block selected file types from being uploaded and/or downloaded, or generate an alert when the specified file types are detected.At the moment you can only control uploads/downloads of supported file types and cannot limit the size of uploads/downloads.

Please speak to your SE if you would like to request this feature.

Thank you

Numan

L0 Member

hi HULK

i tried to make an vulnerability rule to have alert or block action when http- header is larger than 10 mbs and it worked but iam searching for another solution that i can define a block page to inform user that downloading or uploading files more than 10 mbs is not allowed.

hi @mbutt

good day as i mentioned above with my reply to hulk , i succeed to create an vulnerability to alert or block a http header request more than 10 mbs , i`am looking for better solution to be able to block and inform user of their download or upload activity ..mbutt

can you post your Vuln rule as an example?

thanks!

L0 Member

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!