how to make my own "application" - ssl on port 5061

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to make my own "application" - ssl on port 5061

L3 Networker

Hi

I am trying to grant access to Microsoft Messanger, and it is using ssl on port 5061, but I am not sure how to add the port so that it is not just the port but also signatured as SSL.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

You can make a policy that allows SSL, and create a new service (port) for TCP/5061. That way it will only allow SSL over TCP/5601.

so create a policy with

application = ssl

service = own custom service = TCP/5061

and can I also add "application-defaults" if I have other applications like "ping, web-browsing"?

No, you'll have to create a seperate policy for the SSL traffic, otherwise web-browsing will only be allowed on TCP/5601.

Message was edited by: umphmharding

oki so

1 x policy with app = ssl, service = tcp5061

1 x policy with app = web-browsing, service = application-defaults

Thx

L4 Transporter

You could also configure an Application Override policy. Multiple ways to do it.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!