insufficient-content URL category

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

insufficient-content URL category

L4 Transporter

What is insufficient-content URL category and what is the recomended action for that.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Here is the definition and link to the categories. I would personally block it.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Complete-List-of-PAN-DB-URL-Filtering-Categ...

Insufficient Content

Websites and services that present test pages, no content, provide API access not

intended for end-user display or require authentication without displaying any other

content suggesting a different categorization.
Should not include websites providing remote access, such as web based VPN solutions,

web based email services or identified credential phishing pages.

Regards,

I have discovered through trial and error that when the "insufficient content" category is blocked, some weird things can happen. For example, Netflix does not display icons and some page content. I know most people here are business and don't care about Netflix running at work, but I use a PA 440 at home for testing (I'm a consultant) and this issue became obvious on Friday movie night! So if any of you are havng weird issues with some page content not showing up, try setting this category to alert or allow.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!