job ACT PEND 98% - stuck

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

job ACT PEND 98% - stuck

L3 Networker

Hi

I have a schedule to download and install antivirus settings, but now I can't commit any changes.

show jobs all ->

2012/03/24 04:09:36        2614        Antivirus       ACT   PEND        98%

clear job id 2614 ->

Server error : Cannot stop job 2614 at this time

How do I fix this?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi Flex,

Very similar issues have been documented and the root cause was high memory utilization. I believe a lot of this is resolved in 4.1.4.

What version are you on now?

Also, If it's not allowing you to clear the job, you may need to try and restart the mgmtsrv process as a short term fix, and upgrade as a more long term fix.

If you'd like more details on why this may be happening, it's probably best to open a support case.

Thanks,

Jason Seals

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi Flex,

Very similar issues have been documented and the root cause was high memory utilization. I believe a lot of this is resolved in 4.1.4.

What version are you on now?

Also, If it's not allowing you to clear the job, you may need to try and restart the mgmtsrv process as a short term fix, and upgrade as a more long term fix.

If you'd like more details on why this may be happening, it's probably best to open a support case.

Thanks,

Jason Seals

I am running 4.1.2 - how do I restart the mgmtsrv - I am planning to upgrade, but don't want to reboot until needed.

Thanks

Here is how to restart the process:

> debug software restart management-server

While this shouldn't cause any issues with traffic or the Dataplane, it's suggested to restart this process during off-hours or in a scheduled down-time.

Thanks,

Jason Seals

L3 Networker

Hello All,

I have faced the similar kind of issue for panorama , one Job got stuck in 40% and we are not able to commit to the panorama. Also the management CPU was 100.

Well after restart the management server the issue is resolved for clearing the job .but i took the PA support guy to clear the PID to reduce the management CPU utilization.

We have faced this issue twice in continuously two days. Can anyone please advise for the permanent fix for the issue .

We are at  5.1.6 panorama version.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!