logical interface packets drops

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

logical interface packets drops

L2 Linker

Hi,

we are experiencing this issue that we are troubleshooting from a couple of days. we have done all our checks WAN and LAN side however there is a paloalto firewall between WAN routers and core switch in a Vwire mode with an any-any rule. the only problem I have noticed so far is that at the time of issue the firewall is not too responsive i.e. the gui takes ages but cpu shoes minimum usage.

another thing I noticed was incrementing logical interface dropped packets:

show interface ethernet1/4

Logical interface counters read from CPU:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bytes received                           79386995797798

bytes transmitted                        67887362097627

packets received                         2533039042

packets transmitted                      3904754824

receive errors                           0

packets dropped                          29286415

packets dropped by flow state check      63657

I can see them on all active interfaces.

anyone has any idea of how I go by troubleshooting this further as I am very new PAs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ali

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker
What is the issue you are trying to troubleshoot?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In the GUI, make sure the policy is set to log at session end. Then check the monitor tab for the traffic and see what is getting blocked.

Regards,

Hi welly,

it's slow connectivity and intermittent ping /connection drops. which lasts for 4 to 5 hours and then disappears. so extremely hard to troubleshoot.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!