most stable panos 6?

L3 Networker

most stable panos 6?

Hi,

we're planning on upgrading from version 5.0.8 to version 6.x.x. Which version of panos 6 is the most stable?

Thanks.

L6 Presenter

Re: most stable panos 6?

we use 6.0.4 almost everywhere...we did not see any issue.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Have been running 6.0.4 on Panorama and endpoints for a while now.  All good thus far. :smileywink:

--Felix

L4 Transporter

I can also confirm that on my 6.0.4, I have had no issues here.

Of course, experiences may vary. Seems that the general consensus is that 6.0.4 is pretty stable.

Please let us know if you have any specific issues and make sure to backup (save named configuration snapshots and export for safety) prior to the upgrade! :smileyhappy:

L2 Linker

Hi,

is there official documentation from Palo Alto Networks with recommended version of PAN-OS 6.0.x?

I apologize if the answer is already on portal.

Thank you,

BR,

Vesna.

L3 Networker

Upgraded our endpoints to 6.0.6 (for Shellshock); covering all our 7050s and 50x0..  Have been running without incident since then.   All M-100s (Panorama, and loggers) bumped to Flores (6.1.0) to take advantage of additional interfaces.

--Felix

L2 Linker

We are at 6.0.6, down from 6.1 after a data plane failure caused us downtime, even though we use HA. There is a case being worked, and supposedly a fix is in the works.

L4 Transporter

PA wil always tell you to use the latest version. If you have a technical issue, that's the first thing they will ask you to do :smileywink:

L4 Transporter

Hello

6.0.7 was released - and problably most wanted by many users :smileywink:

Releases notes:

https://downloads.paloaltonetworks.com/software/PAN-OS-6.0.7-RN.pdf?__gda__=1418281409_36e9c19e10878...

I'm waiting for 6.1.2 with my issues :smileysad:

Regards

Slawek

L2 Linker

So, I know this is a little dated but I've got the same question.  Based on previous responses I'm going with 6.0.4...  However, I also contacted support to get their input since most users I've spoken with via conferences, etc... suggest staying a couple versions back, but haven't heard back yet.  I see the latest release as of today, Feb. 4th, 2015, is 6.0.8.  Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with anything past 6.0.4.

Cheers,

Carter

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!