new panorama vesion 8 legacy adding disk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

new panorama vesion 8 legacy adding disk

L3 Networker

Hi,

newly deployed ESXi vm panorama 8.0.2

By default free space is 11gb this is ok.

Then trying to add a new disk for exmpla 150gb.

This is working with version 7.1 new panorama.

Can we also make this work with new deployed 8.0.x panorama (legacy mode)

Name : sdb

State: present

size : 153600

Reason : Admin disabled

How can we fix that ?

Regards

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Our documentation only shows how to add an additional disk to Panorama mode, but legacy.

Here are the steps to achieve that:

debug panorama-vld-mgr reset-logging-disk

request restart system

Please notice that you must reboot your Panomara to successfully run the above command.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/SME-Virtualization-Assist-Topics/Additional-Virtual-Log-Disk-Se...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L0 Member

you can use the command 

request system disk add sdb 

to add the disk 

but only in panorama mode....

I never see the document about add the disk in legacy mode...

L3 Networker

Our documentation only shows how to add an additional disk to Panorama mode, but legacy.

Here are the steps to achieve that:

debug panorama-vld-mgr reset-logging-disk

request restart system

Please notice that you must reboot your Panomara to successfully run the above command.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/SME-Virtualization-Assist-Topics/Additional-Virtual-Log-Disk-Se...

Thanks, this solution fixed the issue.

Hi

I tried this after adding 50Gb virtual disk but log storage is still 11Gb (12.54), so doesn't appear to work for me.

PAN 0S 8.1.0  legacy mode

Name   : sdb
State  : Present
Size   : 51200 MB
Reason : Admin enabled

Hi,

did you check show system disk-space ?

your output seems normal.

can you check quota also ?

Hi, I have run "show system disk-space" and interestingly it looks like it is logging to the new disk

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2             7.9G  2.6G  5.0G  35% /
/dev/sda5              24G  2.1G   21G   9% /opt/pancfg
/dev/sda6             6.0G  947M  4.7G  17% /opt/panrepo
tmpfs                 4.0G  110M  3.8G   3% /dev/shm
cgroup_root           4.0G     0  4.0G   0% /cgroup
/dev/sdb1              21G  509M   19G   3% /opt/panlogs

However the new disk is 52Gb and not 21GB and also if I look in device > management >Logging and Reporting it only still displays 12.54GB under log storage.

I deleted the additional disk from the VM and added a new one and it have fixed itself.

This looks like an old post so sorry to drag it up. I have a Panorama Virtual Appliance in Legacy mode that's I'm working on getting to Panorama mode. The sdb is only sitting at 1TB when in VMWare it's showing at 2TB, so the command above (debug panorama-vld-mgr reset-logging-disk) seems like it could help us make use of the other 1TB.

Another question on this thread I have though is to @wibba and how did you get your pancfg partition to be 24GB on a virtual appliance? Did you add a bigger system disk and run the clone command (request system clone-system-disk target diskin PanOS? The virtual appliance only have a system partition of 7GB for pancfg.

Many Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!