packet dropped no route for ip multicast

L3 Networker

packet dropped no route for ip multicast

Hi Team,

I have a multicast setup. I am able to see that the PIM neighbourship is completed and igmp membership also fine.

I can see my traffic in multicast fib with the correct incoming and outgoing interfaces. but the multicast packet is not reaching receiver, I can see a lot of packet drop in counter with detail "packet dropped no route for ip multicast". Any idea what will be the reason for this.

Thanks in advance.

L7 Applicator

Re: packet dropped no route for ip multicast

@Abdul_Razaq,

Have you created a security policy to actually allow the traffic with the multicast group address? I believe that only when that's done you'll actually stop that counter from incrementing. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!