palo alto decryption adobe flash player connection error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

palo alto decryption adobe flash player connection error

L3 Networker

Hi

Few months ago I start doing SSL decryption testing on few users, 

One of the issue that I have which I didn't find any answer is Adobe flash player, I excluded the site https://get.adobe.com from decryption but still after downloading the  flash player exe upadte file I get "connection error" from the installation.

On the logs I don't see any error the end sessions reasons are tcp-fin and sometimes aged-out which I'm not sure if it has connection becuase the dst. IP are not from adobe sites.

And what are you doing with other clients that installed on end points and tries to communicate outside the ssl decryption is breaking the connection because the client doesn't like the interfere or timeouts.

thank you for the help.

adobe connection error.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SShnap,

I make an exception for *.adobe.com because of this issue; but you could create a "log-all" URL-Filtering profile and attach that to a test machine and a test policy and see what URLs are actively being hit when you attempt this communication if you want to not utilize a wildcard. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SShnap,

I make an exception for *.adobe.com because of this issue; but you could create a "log-all" URL-Filtering profile and attach that to a test machine and a test policy and see what URLs are actively being hit when you attempt this communication if you want to not utilize a wildcard. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!