panorama commit shows 0% but commit is on the device already

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

panorama commit shows 0% but commit is on the device already

L1 Bithead

I have a really funny issue here. 
I have panorama for managing all my firewalls, spread across the world. 
I did a change for our London firewalls and hit "push and commit" on panorama. 
The queue shows 0% progress, I waited half an hour, restarted panorama, did the same commit, still 0% progress. 
Then I've checked on the firewalls and both commits have been applied, but panorama "didn't know it". Total time wasted: 2 hours. 
I think panorama developers should make much more effort on that, right now it is good just for marketing, not really for daily operation work, as this is not the only weird thing happening on it. I'm really wasting a lot of hours all the time I work with panorama. Right now the total expense for the paloalto solution doesn't worth the cost compared to other brands. 

Max

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @max.loi ,

Which PAN-OS version are you running ? I remember some older PAN-OS version showing some issues with the management server where the Task Manager displayed different status after you initiated a push operation to firewalls.

Alternatively you can check on your FW locally to see how far along the commit is.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

I have also seen similar behaviour few times on our Panorama M100 running 8.1.9

Our Firewalls are also running 8.1.9

In our case Panorama commit is not this long only around minute or two delay.

Need to click on refresh to see the commit is done on Panorama.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I don't know, I'm using 9.0.5 and this is not the first time this issue happens.

By considering the cost of this product, this is really unacceptable, because committing changes to managed devices is the basic functionality, if that doesn't work properly the whole product is unreliable and dangerous to use. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!