password policy has locked out the admin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

password policy has locked out the admin

L1 Bithead

Is there a way to have an email warning if a password is going to expire?  One of our palo alto (which is stigged) has locked every user out.  This includes the emergency and admin accounts.  I guess, now the only way to get back in is to to in via the management console via the palo alto, correct?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ABlumhard,

Do you happen to know if you had setup a post expiration count or grace period value within the password profile. Really in these types of situations you would have wanted to make sure that you had a post expiration login count of at least 1 to allow the user to login after the password expired. 

I believe in this case of sitaution you will be resetting the device, so hopefully you have a config backup. The email alert that you are looking to setup would be for system logs, however I'm not sure exactly what filter you would be required to set for this particular alert. 

I logged in as another user (who has, thankfully, admin rights) and was able to enter a new password for the admin.  Went to the settings and changed the way we are notified (a week ahead now) etc.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!