"Deactivate License" : Where did they go and how can I reuse them?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"Deactivate License" : Where did they go and how can I reuse them?

L3 Networker

Hello everyone,

Has anyone actually used the "Deactivate License" feature to unlicense a vm and then license another vm?

My goal was to move licenses from a v7 vm100 to a v8 vm100 on new hardware.

I successfully deactivated the license on one of my 6 VM-100's.  

It seemed to work, the serial # etc was removed from the single vm.

Now that it is gone, how to I reuse the removed license/features on the new firewall.

I have searched for several days and even opended a case, but to no avail.

Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated ...

regards,

Don

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dbrenipc,

What does your support portal say. It's possible that the deactivation didn't/doesn't sync up with the license server; so if the license is still assigned elsewhere you won't be able to activate it on another device. 

Actually, the serial # doesnt show , nor does it show in the actual firewall.  I did supply the TOK file to support

and  that didnt seem to help.

Is it supposed to show up in the "Realesed VM Auth codes" section ?

I'm really confused at why thsi isnt; documented anywhere.  Usually Palo has great docs.

regards,

Don

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!