refresh FQDN problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

refresh FQDN problem

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We have several computers in our network using this proxy: proxy1.eu.webscanningservice.com

This domain changes IP each 15-20minutes. So when this domain changes the Ip we can reach the proxy from our computers.

So i have several doubts:

1)PA detects when a domain changes the IP and update the FQDN database?? or only FQDN refresh is done each 30minutes???

2) What would it be the best way to create a rule with a FQDN host which changes IP each little time????

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

The default FQDN refresh time is 30 minutes and can be reduced down to 10. If your IP updates every 15-20 minutes you might want to script a that calls on the api to force a request system fqdn refresh even faster than every 10 minutes if needed. 

With a host that changes IPs that often, especially somthing like a proxy, I'm not really sure even using it is the best option. There are multiple potential issues that I can think of off hand, none the least is that regardless of how often you refresh the FQDN database you will have a time where the IP address doesn't match up and you won't have the correct IP address for your proxy. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!