revert configuration automatically

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

revert configuration automatically

L3 Networker

I had a situation where checking log at start session box in a security policy while troubleshooting, after 2 minutes to commit changes, I lost comunication with the fw, because data plane get 100%. I would like to know if there is a commit revert command that, revert to the previous configuration in a time schedule. for example a commit that after 5 minutes revert the previous configuration, in order to recover the control?

and I have other doubt, it is recommended to filter when you do a packet capture because this could saturate the fw, is there a way to avoid this? how do you know if your filter is enough to not saturate the fw? how can I avoid this situation?

Thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Marivi,

Enabling logging at session-start is very resource intensive and not something I would recommend on smaller hardware, and really on anything close to limits as is. As of now that sort of feature is not built into PAN-OS, however I do believe there is an open Feature Request for it to be added (always found this missing to be odd, since PAN kind of started with a lot of Juniper dudes and gals). 

Filtering on a packet-capture shouldn't add that much overhead, but you are going to consume more resources than filtering it after a capture. It sounds like you added a lot of load to your firewall (via <log-start>yes</log-start> and turning on a filtered packet capture) while you were already higher up your system resources. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Marivi,

Enabling logging at session-start is very resource intensive and not something I would recommend on smaller hardware, and really on anything close to limits as is. As of now that sort of feature is not built into PAN-OS, however I do believe there is an open Feature Request for it to be added (always found this missing to be odd, since PAN kind of started with a lot of Juniper dudes and gals). 

Filtering on a packet-capture shouldn't add that much overhead, but you are going to consume more resources than filtering it after a capture. It sounds like you added a lot of load to your firewall (via <log-start>yes</log-start> and turning on a filtered packet capture) while you were already higher up your system resources. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!