show routing route destination output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

show routing route destination output

Not applicable

Hi all,

there is something which is confusing me when I want to check an entry of the routing table.

If I'm looking for an entry of my routing table with:"show routing route destination x.x.x.x/x" and the route is covered by the default route, the output is like below:

admin@rou11004(active-primary)> show routing route destination 8.8.8.8/32

flags: A:active, ?:loose, C:connect, H:host, S:static, ~:internal, R:rip, O:ospf, B:bgp,
       Oi:ospf intra-area, Oo:ospf inter-area, O1:ospf ext-type-1, O2:ospf ext-type-2

VIRTUAL ROUTER: WWW (id 2)
  ==========
destination                                 nexthop                                 metric flags      age   interface          next-
AS   
total routes shown: 0

VIRTUAL ROUTER: WAN (id 3)
  ==========
destination                                 nexthop                                 metric flags      age   interface          next-
AS   
total routes shown: 0

I can reach the destination.

I'm running a A/A cluster of PA-5050 (4.1.0) I've already tested it with (4.1.1), but it's still the same result

Any explanation?

Thanks

Michael

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

I believe we're doing an exact match on the query.  You query 8.8.8.8/32, there is no such entry in the routing table, so it returns zero route match.

Hello rmonvon,

thanks for your fast response.

Anyway, it's not good when you're trying to troubleshoot routing. Like this you can never be sure where a packet will be sent to.

Another thing I figured out is, that when I have alreday a network setup 81.92.x.x/x and I'm looking for a route for a network which is similar like 81.92.y.y/y the other network will be displayed.

Michael

The "show routing route" output is pretty crumby.  Why can't it just show something like "the IP/prefix you asked about matches on this route name, this route prefix, and will be forwarded by this interface, to this next-hop IP address?"

Michael...You can try the test command to test which route will match a destination for a specific virtual-router:

admin@pan-firewall> test routing fib-lookup ip 1.1.1.1 virtual-router
  default   default
  <value>   within virtual-router

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks for your help.

This command is realy helpful

Michael

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!