suspend active panorama when passive panorama is rebooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

suspend active panorama when passive panorama is rebooting

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

If passive panorama is going through reboot.

Active Panorama  shows passive panorama as unknown   

what will happen if i suspend the active Panorama ?

will all the firewalls connected to the Active panorama will get disconnected?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Correct. If the passive Panorama is down and you suspend the Active Panorama, then the firewalls will disconnect from Panorama.

As I believe you ascertained in a previous post - despite the fact they are disconnected, the firewalls will still have their configuration and continue to pass traffic.

View solution in original post

The firewall still has the capability to forward logs to other destinations if it is disconnected from Panorama, yes.

For example, you have a log forwarding profile with a syslog server profile attached and forward to Panorama option checked. Even if the firewall is disconnected from Panorama the logs will still be sent to the syslog server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hey @MP18

It sounds like HA has not fully initialized yet, I would not suspend at all until you can fully verify that one unit is active and one is passive - for both Panorama and Firewall HA alike.

Typically after a reboot you will see HA finalize init state after the autocommit process completes.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClVBCA0

Cheers,

Luke.

i need to know what will happen if i suspend the active panorama while passive is rebooting?

will active will show all firewalls disconnected?

MP

Correct. If the passive Panorama is down and you suspend the Active Panorama, then the firewalls will disconnect from Panorama.

As I believe you ascertained in a previous post - despite the fact they are disconnected, the firewalls will still have their configuration and continue to pass traffic.

one more question on that

IF firewall is configured to send logs to external connector.

Firewall is disconnected from the panorama can it still pull up logs from external collector?

MP

The firewall still has the capability to forward logs to other destinations if it is disconnected from Panorama, yes.

For example, you have a log forwarding profile with a syslog server profile attached and forward to Panorama option checked. Even if the firewall is disconnected from Panorama the logs will still be sent to the syslog server.

Many thanks for answering the questions

MP

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!