system logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

system logs

L4 Transporter

Don't seem to be updating

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@Mick_Ball @BPry

I would have responded back yesterday but I kept getting a saml error when trying to login.  The fix was to restatrt the management server, not sure what happened but everything was working as it should it just wasn't being reported inthe system logs correctly, but it was working on our passive firewall weird

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Well actually they don't seem to be updating on my primary palo alto in the GUI but seem to be working fine on the secondary

Hmmm... are they active passive or active active... could they have failed over without you realising. And you have lost a HA data link?

perhaps HA2.

@jdprovine,

I'm going to go with @Mick_Ball's suggestion that they probably failed over. From prior conversations I think you use active/passive; so I'm guessing that Mick is right and the member that is usually active has in fact failed traffic over to the peer. 

Perhaps @jdprovine you could confirm if this is the system or traffic logs...

the discussion mentions system.....

if it is the system log then cancel my idea on the H2 data link as the system log should still contain local stuff to that device..

or... do you use a generic login for administration and you or someone else has left a null return filter in the search bar.

i hate it when that happens, annoying thing is... its usually me...

@Mick_Ball @BPry

I would have responded back yesterday but I kept getting a saml error when trying to login.  The fix was to restatrt the management server, not sure what happened but everything was working as it should it just wasn't being reported inthe system logs correctly, but it was working on our passive firewall weird

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!