trafic shaping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

trafic shaping

Not applicable

Hi All,

Please I need to prepare a document about QoS epecially about traffic shaping on PAN-500 PaloAlto firewall. so I need to know the following points:

Is traffic shapping and QoS is configured based on porcentage or on the amount of bandwidth (i.e: 500kbps) per user or per application, if someone can send me a document regarding this item I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

documet will help you

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3439

You can assign maximum and guarantee bandwith limits for each class(8 classes) and assign them to related traffic.

Hi panos :

according to this document we can not perform trafic shapping in PA-500 or i'm wrong? if it's the case is there any other solution we can do to do traffic shapping per user or per application or even per interface

shapping.PNG.png

Hello Lachen,

tech note indicates 500 series devices is not able to support policing but does perform traffic shaping. Policing is performed to avoid unintentional starvation of the QoS priority queues.

All platforms support shaping, which is at the egress interface only. In PA-200/500 and PA-2000 Series devices, Shaping is performed in software only. However, in PA-4000/5000 Series devices, Shaping is performed in hardware.

Qos rules matches exactly what is configured in that rule and apply Qos profile matching the rule exactly like security policies. If we you apply Qos policy for set of users,Qos profile and Qos class matching the rule will be applied only for that users. And if you want you also can enable Qos policy only at certain time range by using the schedule feature.

Regards,

Jahnavi.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!