transfer a URL license?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

transfer a URL license?

Not applicable

Anyone know if one can transfer a URL license from one appliance to another of the same model type without a case? This is not an RMA condition.

thanks,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe this is not possible. the URL license are bundled to be used on the same unit. We can swap it over if it is an RMA unit. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Is the new device a cold spare ?

No. Shut down a site with an HA pair running active licenses. Like to move them to another site with an HA pair without the licenses rather than swap out the hardware.

I believe this is not possible. the URL license are bundled to be used on the same unit. We can swap it over if it is an RMA unit. 

L4 Transporter

This type of request should be directed to Sales.  I'm not aware of a specific process to transfer individual licenses between devices, but anything to do with purchasing new licenses for a device is handled by the Sales group.

Like Harsha mentioned, support only has a process for transferring licenses between devices during an RMA.

L1 Bithead

agreed with the comments...

license transfer is only available when doing RMA.

as far as i know, the licenses are tied to the hardware once activated.

please check with sales if it's possible to transfer it to another device.

I think it should be an easy task for the sales to transfer the licenses for you.

I mean, how hard can it be for paloalto to run an UPDATE against the sql database holding the license stuff at paloaltos end? :smileysilly:

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!