ubuntu and global protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ubuntu and global protect

L4 Transporter

Is it possible to use the globalprotect client on an ubuntu machine?

8 REPLIES 8

L3 Networker

natively global protect agent is not supported for linux systems. You can use the native VPN application. 

However, you can try running the global protect application with WINE and it would be interesting if this works

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2900497/how-to-run-windows-software-in-linux-everything-you-need-to-...

Post any results that you come across.

interesting thought, I think i will see if linux has a native client since technically globalprotect isn't designed for it

@jdprovine,

You can look into openconnect, they added GlobalProtect support a bit ago. 

@BPry

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say openconnect, citrix? By the way this is for one user who hates windows

@jdprovine,

I have a few users like that, and it's generally a pain for a subset of people. I've included the github page below. 

https://github.com/dlenski/openconnect

You will have to setup xauth configuration in the global protect to use the Linux based VPN client to connect to the gateway.

Starting with PAN OS 5.0, xAuth is supported with VPNC on a couple of distros.

The following VPN clients are now supported for GlobalProtect VPN access:

o Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS VPNC

o CentOS 6 VPNC

Already have xauth enabled on my currently vpn so that should work the hard part it going to be the client side

Should not be an issue if everything is setup fine else open up a ticket with TAC for faster resolution.

• 8 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!