cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L1 Bithead

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @SCarraway,

The live community isn't the correct platform to request for new features.

That said, there is already a request to add a negate function to all the different columns (ID #339)

Please reach out to your local SE and have him add your vote to this request.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

I was not making a new feature request, my feature request has already been submitted by my SE with ID 13414. I was simply following the directions of BPry's post "To create a new Feature Request you'll need to reach out to your SE to get them into the system. Once that's done and you have the FR numbers, post them here so people can add their votes to the FR." to get mine added to the list for tracking/voting.

I have additionally asked my SE to upvote the ID you specified 339 now, as I was not aware of it (because it is not in the list).

Thank you for the help and referencing that existing request ID! Is contacting our SE a way to request website features?... There really needs to be an intuitive way to view and vote on feature requests...

I have added FR IDs 339 and 13414 to the Feature Request List topic here https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Feature-Request-List/m-p/209128/highlight/true#M...

@SCarraway what do you mean with "request website features"? Having an SE add FRs and votes to existing FRs so far is the only way to do this. Having this layer between customers and the FR ID list probably keeps the list smaller 😛 

@SCarraway wrote:

Thank you for the help and referencing that existing request ID! Is contacting our SE a way to request website features?... There really needs to be an intuitive way to view and vote on feature requests...

So slight inside baseball on how the FR IDs actually work. The FRs are essentially just JIRA tickets within the internal PAN Jira portal. All of the SEs have access to this project and can poke through the FRs and utilize Jira's search function to see if an existing FR exists matching the feature being requested. To the best of my knowledge, they don't get to see a complete list to the likes of what @Remo has assembled for the community; I honestly don't know if PAN even maintains one. 

There are multiple reasons you aren't going to see PAN expose this directly to customers are plentiful. Unless they modify how these feature requests are actually managed and stored, I wouldn't expect this anytime soon. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!