user-id user name issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

user-id user name issue

Hi Team,

I'm getting NETBIOS name instead of domain name. How to resolve this issue

user-id.JPG

Regards

Venky

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Guys,

Anyone faced similar issue.

Regards

Venky

No never saw this issue.

Please check your config

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

This information is coming from the DC, so the question could be "Why is the DC sending me logs with NetBios vs the domain?"

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Check with server team.

There might be some settings or config on server that need to be fixed

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Team,

I Couldn't able to find any issue in server, usually when user logs in to system. I'm seeing domain name in monitoring logs of UIA.

Once after user locks windows 7 and unlock it get changed to netbios name (administrator@domain.local).

Regards

Venky

Hi Venky

The FW receives logs from the DC, when a user logs in/ logs out, or any update that happens at the 90 minute mark (Group Policy)

Knowing that the FW is receiving this NetBios name from the DC is why I initially asked why this was occuring.

Is the domain name and the NetBios name the same?

I have seen companies have a domain name like company-name.ext, but the NetBios name is company.local. (notice the extensions of the 2 example are not the same).   The DC will log this information as such, so whent the UID queries, the FW retrieves both listings.  

I do not believe it is a FW misconfiguration, but I will look to see if there are any settings to assist you.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!