useridd - virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

useridd - virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting error

L3 Networker

3000 Series FW running 6.0.4.  Getting this critical error every 20 mins.  Have a case open with TAC but no answers.  Anyone experience and know a fix?

9 REPLIES 9

L6 Presenter

Hi Rrau,

I didnt find any bug specific to 6.0.4 release.

Regards,

Hardik Shahax

Not applicable

I just received this same error.  It hasn't been repetitious yet.  Was TAC able to address the issue or did you find a work around?

A workaround of disabling HA session synchronisation  between my Active/Active firewall pair has stopped useridd dying for me.

Are you both running Global Protect on these firewalls?

Yes I am actually running Global Protect my firewalls but I am not in Active/Active mode.  I haven't seen the error repeat itself yet today but will keep monitoring it.

L5 Sessionator

Hi Rrau,

It is known issue that we are actively trying to resolve. There are 2 workaround at the moment but they are bit radical :

1. Suspend the passive device if you are HA A/P mode

2. If you are not using HIP profiles, delete GP gateway license

To perform #2, you will need to :

admin@PA> delete license key <all_gp_gateway_key>

Reboot the device and do not fetch the license once rebooted. This needs to done on both device.

Like I said it is bit radical workaround while we are still looking for a permanent resolution. Thank you.

What version of Global Protect are your clients using?

Hi Ssharma,

Do you know if this issue has now been resolved in any released code?

Thanks!

Hello,

This bug has been fixed in 6.0.6-h2.
It related to userid and hip according to support.

Ask your local ASC/support to activate 6.0.6-h2 for your devices, or wait for 6.0.7 that also have the fix.

/Jo Christian

/Jo Christian

Hi Jo, many thanks for the info!

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!