what NAT and Network config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

what NAT and Network config

L3 Networker

Hi,

I have a router from my carrier. This gives me an internal IP 10.0.9.3 /16 from my internal Network 10.0.0.0/16 network and the GW IP he gave me is 10.0.30.99.

Now he makes natting so i could get internet access and there i have a static official ip adress. for example 123.456.789

My test pc give it the ip 10.0.9.3 subnet 255.255.0.0 and gw 10.0.30.99 dns 8.8.8.8 

Then my test pc have direct internet access. this settings i will configure now on my PA device.

Have configured a network interface and an trust and untrust zone. But how must i configure now NAT?

And what static routing? 0.0.0.0/0 to next hop ip 10.0.30.99 ?

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

You need different subnets for your Trust and Untrust, your going to have to sort that first.

You really need the REAL external IP to be on the firewall.

Rob

Can i not make the untrust subnet as 10.0.9.3 /32 ? 

I can not take the real external IP. There is no way because the carrier has a firewall there and they only can give me the real ip by NAT.

I know how @RobinClayton this means. But my carrier restrict me in this point.

Is there no other way?

Get the carrier to change their internal subnet to something like

192.168.1.0/30

192.168.1.1 would be their router (and your default gateway out of the firewall)

192.168.1.2 would be your untrust interface.

10.0.9.0/16 would then by your trusted interface.

@clonesheep,

The firewall really isn't meant for a setup like this, and you may have to re-IP your internal network away from 10.0.0.0/16 to get things to work appropriately. I would recommend changing your internal network away from 10.0.0.0/16 just so that you don't have the 'internal' and 'external' networks in the same subnet; configure your 'internal' network as really anything else, for example 10.191.0.0/16 or 10.16.0.0/16 or whatever, and you won't run into any issues. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!