why commit is there without any change made

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

why commit is there without any change made

L0 Member

PANOS : v4.1.6

Model : PA-500

In the isolated LAB, only management port connected on PA-500 and service route operate well via the management port. I make sure the commit is grey after basic configuration (IP/netmask/gateway/DNS/NTP) set, license  retrieved and application/threat prevention updated, and dynamic update  scheduled, but the commit is not grey after power on for one day. I make sure there is no admin user login and no any config change in this period. And from PA WebUI Device-> Config Audit, compare running and candidate configuration, PA told me these two configuration is identical. Somebody else experienced this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi,

There can be some cases that opening and closing an object in the WebUI without making changes can cause this behavior. This is cosmetic quirk and can be safely ignored after verfying with the config audit.

If changes were made, a commit performed and the commit button did not grey out then please open a case with support so we can investigate.

- Stefan

Hi Stefan,

For your answer,

Does it is default behavior in firewall?

thanks,

Bruce

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!