wireless intemittent Router connectivity issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

wireless intemittent Router connectivity issue

L0 Member

Hi everyone,

I have got an Huawei HG8245 wireless router with 40 mbps optical connection on it and as we are in the same room as of the wireless router itself we are connected through wifi and the issue is that when i ping to the Ip address given to the router i.e., the Default gateway there is a intermittent connectivity issue once the packets are recieved and thrice the Ping response is "Request timed out" and same cycle goes on....unless i reboot the router and in every two to three days i have found that the router reboots itself.

I cannot let that go on as the telecommunication of my office is also through that very huawei router.I had the config file downloaded when i previously have done the configuration i again uploaded it and rebooted the router after which the pings were being responded or acknowledged but like after 5 to 10 minutes again its the same issue and at times the connection automatically gets back to normal and again it goes the same as described above.  i also saw network device video .I dun think its a wifi issue as wifi is only being disconnected when the router is rebooting itself or the router is rebooted manually.Honestly i think the issue with the routing protocol deployed on the router by the service provider cox its not that all the system experience the this issue all at once..when my colleague experiences it i do not and vice versa where as we are all connected wirelelssly and we are all in the same DHCP pool.

Any asistance would be really appreciated in this regards.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Not sure how this relates to Palo Alto Networks devices, but sure I'll try to help regardless...

If you connect to your network using an ethernet cable do you get the same problems? This will help in diagnosing if the problem is due to the wireless RF environment or not. If everything is ok on the cable then maybe look into the RF around your network using a specturm analysis and make sure you're using 5GHz not 2.4GHz. You could have a microwave or other interfering device causing your problems.

L6 Presenter

Yeah, it looks like Huawei Community Forum request 😄

Anyway, in addition to the @bmorris1 comment, l would set up a PRTG (free for 100 sensors) and run at least a very simple request  (ping and DNS resolution) to your default gateway as well as out to the internet. Make sure PRTG server is connected to the router over the cable. If everything is good during the wifi issue from the LAN side then follow the @bmorris1 comment. If not most likely router issue itself or ISP is not stable. 

L1 Bithead

Me 3... How is this related to Palo Alto.

Just for fun.  Always remember the OSI model.  Start at Layer 1 and work your way up.  I would first be looking a physical layer issue.  You mentioned 40Gb optical.  I've been bitten by dirty optics more times than I can count.  Start there.  As the previous reply states, have you checked for wireless interference?  Once these are cleared up, remember that ICMP is a very low priority protocol.  Some Cisco devices will even start dropping them if they receive too many within a given time frame.  Do you even have a Palo in this equation?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!