youtube application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

youtube application

L3 Networker

Hello I have a doubt about applications:

If I search in my palo alto object>applications    search: youtube I obtain next output

youtube.JPGI can add to a policy rule youtube but when I open I found that

youtube 2.JPG

don't have dependency, and implicitly application uses.

I s correct to add youtube in a rule and not some child? 

If is correct to do it, this is equal to add all child of youtube? 

Thank you 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @Marivi,

Adding all the childs is pretty much the same as adding the parent app.

The childs just offer more granular control of what you would like to block/allow exactly (posting comments or uploading video content for example).

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @Marivi,

Adding all the childs is pretty much the same as adding the parent app.

The childs just offer more granular control of what you would like to block/allow exactly (posting comments or uploading video content for example).

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

thank you for your answer, but I'm still confusing with this:

If adding the parent is the same to add all child, I will have dependences of the applications that child has? I mean, for example:

youtube base- has dependence with google-base as you can see, but in youtube parent there isn't dependences.

youtube-base.JPG

@Marivi,

It doesn't list the dependencies because the 'youtube' app-id is essentially just there to map all the child applications. If you use it in a policy and attempt to validate it will throw errors during the validation process that you aren't allowing all the dependencies. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!