L3 Networker

Download the Migration Tool

[ Edited ]

Overview

The Palo Alto Networks Migration Tool is derived from the successful Migration Tool used by the Palo Alto Networks Professional Services Organization and Channel Partners. It’s an evolution of the Migration Tool into a configuration platform that allows you to, not only migrate configurations, but enhance, optimize, add, remove or edit elements, ultimately converting the legacy device rules into a next-generation model by creating App-IDs based on real traffic acquired from devices being installed or already in production. The Palo Alto Networks Migration Tool is a valuable asset for network security administrators who need or want to keep their rulebases in a pristine state.

Note: The Migration Tool is packaged as a virtual machine image. The download file is a zipped tar archive and the size is approximately 760MB.

Palo Alto Networks Community Members with Support Accounts

Community members who have a valid support account can download Migration Tool 3.1

mt_dwnld_grn.png
Click here to get the Migration Tool for VMware ESXi 5.5 (or higher) (updated to 3.3.10)
Click here to get the Migration Tool for VMplayer and Workstation

Don't Have a Support Account?

If you do not have a support account with us, then click the link below:

mt_dwnld_now_wht.png

Click here to download Migration Tool 3.1

Please be aware the Migration Tool is provided as is, and is unsupported by our TAC. Assistance can be garnered through the Migration Tool Discussion Forum or by an onsite Professional Services Engineer, through your local sales contact.

L0 Member

Re: Download the Migration Tool

I tried to extract the file, but only see 1 file inside which is not vmdk file. is there any other file i can download?

L7 Applicator

Hi,

The Old migration tool 2.5 can import only a selection of static nats. Only when the nat is created as "static (zone,zone) xxx xxxx" without any reference to interfaces or access-list.

Remember the Migration Tool its only a part of a migration project where Technology, Process and People an required to achieve that, the Tool is obviously the Technology but in order to migrate you need to have the right process and people with knowledge to do that and help to cover the things that the tool doesn't do automatically today.

hope it helps

L1 Bithead

Thank You :smileyhappy:

L7 Applicator

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Have you used this command?

vmkfstools -i "Virtual Disk.vmdk" -d thin newesx.vmdk

L7 Applicator

We will provide a OVF files soon. But you can always convert the vmdk files to be added to ESXi How to migrate a VMWare Workstation VM to ESXi

Hope it helps

L0 Member

Hi,

Have you guys created a ovf template for the migration tool?

L7 Applicator

Try to open the xml file in firefox fir example and see how valid is your xml

Remember to always upgrade your MT3.0 before to do anything

Regards

L0 Member

Hi,

I've tried multiple times now, with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers and all downloads give me the same result that the VMX file is corrupt.  I've tried downloading as a community user and as a non-community user both with the same result the file is corrupt.  I am using VM Fusion 7.  I've stopped and started VM Fusion and that has not worked either.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!