Auto Zone Assigments

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Auto Zone Assigments

I am working with version 3 the migration tool and have pulled a base config from my PAN 5020 cluster running 6.0.0.

I am pulling in my CheckPoint R70.40 config files and all looks good from a policy perspective.

When I attempt to do an 'auto zone assign', it goes through the motions but never does anything.

Anyone else run into this issue? I can manually go through each line ID and manually add the zones, however I would prefer it do some of the work for me :smileywink:.

L7 Applicator

Re: Auto Zone Assigments

Hi,

Can you please let us know what version do you have? Is latest 3.0.7? Had you added the routes file when you import? Are the interfaces, virtual router and static routes correctly imported? Is there a default gateway in the Virtual router?

Thanks

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I am running 3.0 from March 26th.

I pulled a netstat -ar from my checkpoint and pulled it into the tool with my other CP files.

The CP interfaces and over 130 static routes are showing in the chkpt-vr. The default gateway on my public interface exists in the vr I am using on the PAN config.

Is R70.40 too old for version 3 of the MT to use?

Scott

L1 Bithead

Make sure you import the routes.txt file from Checkpoint it is required for Auto zoning. Also re-run the Autozone tool if you have changed any of the routes.

L7 Applicator

Please just upgrade to 3.0.8 using the button Updates from the main window

Regards

L1 Bithead

3.0.8 is looking much better for me. I am starting to see my zones auto populate.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

L7 Applicator

Keep your MT always updated !! Regards

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!