Base Configuration

L4 Transporter

Base Configuration

Can the Base configuration can be selected during the project ? or only once at the start of the project ? 

i just couldnt understand the logic of the "base configuration" and which should be displayed at the export configuration page

thanks

L7 Applicator

Re: Base Configuration

You can select when you need it. The base config is a Paloalto Networks configuration imported into the tool or via DEVICE or importing the XML file. From the export you can select a PAN config from the left panel and click on "set as base config" and that config will be shown in the right panel and it will be your base config. The tool will always use the Base config to generate the api calls or the XML config.

L4 Transporter

OK .

what i dont understand for example , is the interfaces.

i have checkpoint configuration that have only Bond.x interfaces.

the migration toll successfully change them into ae.x interfaces.

the base config that i import (for example the XML file) does not have any interface in it because it is an empty config and it does not contains interface configuration.

what wierd is that the API calls, contains an empty secion of <interface>....</interface> without any interfaces inside.

i have also tried to add into the migration tool the physical interfaces and attach them to the ae group and got the same behaviour.

from what i understand from the videos i can generate the API / SET / XML only after i do Merge on the base config, does the tool track the changes on the base onfig ? does it send all the configuration using the API ? 

L7 Applicator

Have you drag and drop the interfaces from the checkpoint side to the base config side and clicked on merge? 

L4 Transporter

yes

L4 Transporter

Hi,

What do you think about having a Zoom meeting to share display and see your case into detail? I guess we can go through it with no too much problems. Just contact us to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com and we can arrange the meeting (we will send you a Zoom invite once we decide the date-time for the meeting). 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!