L1 Bithead

Catasrophic ending to a happy beginning

I have been working with the migration tool for about two weeks now, and have been quite pleased with the features that it has to offer.  I was very close to finalizing the ruleset migration, merging it into my base config after thorough cleanup.  Unfortunately for whatever reason, perhaps a bug introduced in 3.0.4, Service Groups can no longer be merged into shared objects.  I can merge them into the vsys, however every attempt to merge them into shared services have been futile.

Not sure if this is related to 3.0.4, but I thought I would point it out.  I can say for certain that this work in previous versions.

Terry

L7 Applicator

Re: Catasrophic ending to a happy beginning

Hi,

Sad to hear that. CAn you explain what you tried to do to merge the services groups into shared? Drag and drop the servicesgroups into the "shared" in your base config? We will check again if this is not working. as a Workaround you can merge into the vsys, then you can select the objects and convert into a shared with the button in the bottom bar Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 22.19.10.png

Another thing you can do is after merge into the vsys use the MERGE by Name and Value but selecting "all" in the Vsys (top right) this will automatically convert in shared objects all those are duplicateds...

Hope it helps

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

We found an issue in this process. We will release the hotfix on Monday with the version 3.0.5. Thanks for the advise.

L1 Bithead

This was a long time ago.  But thank you very much.  Great product.!!!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!