Changed policy not shown in Migration Tool

L0 Member

Changed policy not shown in Migration Tool

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour of Migration Tool 3.3.14. I'm trying to import an updated rulebase from Panorama. The import seems to work without errors, but in the "Manage Policies" tab of the projects, the changes are not visible. Some new address objects are not visible as well.

When I use Backups --> Configuration from the Device configuration, the changes are in there, so there must be a problem reading it.

Thanks for your help

L7 Applicator

Re: Changed policy not shown in Migration Tool

Hi,

when you say you imported an updated version of the Panorama's config is this hapening inside the current project? I mean if you already imported a file called for instance "panorama.xml" and now you have an updated version of this config and you try to import it on the same project the tool will not import it again becasue for it you already imported that file before.

If you want to have an updated version of the "panorama.xml" you have to go to EXPORT and UNSET your base config "panorama.xml" and it will change from the right panel to the left panel. Then you have to remove it from the Project and then import it again.

There is no way today to re-import an updated version of a config loaded into the tool sorry.

L0 Member

Re: Changed policy not shown in Migration Tool

Okay, this was the step I was missing.

After unsetting the base config, removing the device, and importing it again the policy is now up-to-date.

Thanks for your help.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!