Changing the default username and password

L0 Member

Changing the default username and password

I am looking to change the default password for the admin account for the migration tool.  Is this possible?

L4 Transporter

Re: Changing the default username and password

Yes, you can.

You will have to navigate to Settings -> Users and edit the "admin" user to set up the new password.

L0 Member

I tested this, and this only changes the Web UI password.  I am trying ot find a way to change the CLI password too. 

The reason why i want to change this is because the cedentials for this tool are published on the Internet, and the credentitials are provided in the CLI at the login prompt.

L4 Transporter

If you want to modify the admin OS settings, first you need to enter into single mode while on the Grub menu.

Later, you can use the OS command "passwd".

passwd

It will require you to enter the new credentials.

Check if the following link helps: https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ResetRootPassword

NOTE: "root" password is not provided. The credentials are provided for the "admin" user. I think you only want to log in as admin and change the password with the passwd command. Much more simple than entering into single mode, and a plain OS password change command.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!