Checkpoint Versions supported in 3.0

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Checkpoint Versions supported in 3.0

Previous documentation of the migration tool shows support up to R75 for checkpoint.  Is R77 supported in tool 3.0?

L1 Bithead

Re: Checkpoint Versions supported in 3.0

I have successful migrated R76 using the migration tool, haven't come across a R77 yet.

Not applicable

Hello dan731028,

I've migrated from R75.45, R76, and R77 using the MT3.0.

I have not tested on R77.10 nor the new R77.20 yet, but I will work on these on this week.

Let me know if you had any issues importing from any of these versions using the MT3.0

Thanks,

L3 Networker

Thanks Guys,
The version I'm going to be migrating is R77.20.  I will provide feedback and let you know how it goes as soon as I get the required files.

L1 Bithead

R77.20 it not work.

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Have you tried different options from the MT3 when upload a Checkpoint Config? Was the security policies under the rules.C or yourpolicy.W ?

PD Remember you can always send your config to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com and we can take a look to see if all the files are correct.

Regards

L1 Bithead

I used yourpolicy.W.

L3 Networker

I was able to successfully convert R77.20.  Sorry for the late response.

L0 Member

We have R75.47 - just tried the conversion tool today - I was able to get NAT and Objects (Addresses and Services) - but it didn't convert any of the firewall rules?

Gave it:

objects_5_0.C

rulebases_5_0.fws

...policy...W

rules.txt

I checked: R75.40 and higher: If policy comes from rulebases_5_0.fws.

L7 Applicator

Hi,

Check the Option A only if the policies are under the rulebases_5_0.fws and there is not filename.W with the rules.

Please take a look to this doc Checkpoint Versions supported in 3.0 and check how your files look first.

Regards

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!