Checkpoint with multiple Contexts

L2 Linker

Checkpoint with multiple Contexts

I am in the process of migrating a Checkpoint system with multiple contexts (3). One question i have is the customer sent me the .W files and the routes.txt files from each context but only one "rulebases_5_0.fws" file.

Should there only be a single rulebase file if there are three contexts? 

If so, how would i perform the migration? Use the same rulebase file for each context that will become a virtual system? 

This is R77.20 on the checkpoint.

thanks all

Tags (2)
L7 Applicator

Re: Checkpoint with multiple Contexts

Hi,

I will create a single project. And upload the W files with the same objects files and using the routes.txt related to each W file. After that you will see 3 configs uploaded and finally import the PANOS config with the 3 vsys already defined if its posible. Then clean up the configs and drag and drop the objects and rules to each vsys. It should work fine.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!